Cleaning Your Brushes

Wednesday, December 28, 2011
We put our makeup on everyday, but I think we often forget is the maintenance of our brushes. Makeup collects in our brushes and breaks them down making us have to replace them more often. Also bacteria can collect in your brush and if you don't keep them clean you can continuously put that bacteria back onto your skin. Your brushes will stay in tip top condition if you clean them once every one to two weeks. Below I have detailed the appropriate way to wash your brushes below:


Step 1: Gather all of the brushes you wish to clean.



Step 2: Wet all your brushes, with your brush facing downward to prevent water going up the brush and ruining it. 



Step 3: Use either a brush cleaner or a gentle shampoo.



Step 4: Move your brush in clock-wise and counter-clock-wise until you feel you have worked out all of the makeup.


Step 5: After rinsing the brush facing down, lay the brushes on the their sides while they dry. I place them on a towel to help pull the moisture away. Also depending on how quickly I need my brushes dry I sometimes blot them on the towel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment